Acumos TSC Meeting Minutes - February 25, 2019

Jacqueline Serafin
 

Acumos TSC Community, 

Please see below text copy of the minutes for the February 25, 2019 Acumos TSC meeting. All agendas, minutes, and zoom recordings can be found on the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please review and reach out with any questions/comments.

The agenda for next week's meeting is posted to the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please email tscgeneral@... with requests to add additional topics to the agenda.

Graduation Project Requirements: As a follow up to today's meeting, the graduation project requirements can be found within LF DL's GitHub, view here

Thank you,
Jacqueline 

Jacqueline Serafin
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 676-1127 (m)

2019 02 25

Zoom Recording

Agenda:

  1. Call for Scribe (minutes owner) 
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 
  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meetings
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
  5. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Marketing/Growth of Acumos AI Community: Update from Outreach Committee
      1. Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project
      2. ONS - Jessica - Huawei interested in hosting/sponsoring
        1. TSC F2F Meeting 
        2. Developer Meetup or ONS Booth 
  6. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TSC Scheduling
      1. Boreas Release 
      2. Clio Release
    2. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
    3. Test & Integration Planning - Ken 
      1. Request for discussion based on: 1) No change and BAU with what we have 2) Create a new branch off master for new features and defect fixes remain in master 3) Create a new branch off master for defect fixes and branch for new features remain in master

    4. Report Out of Sub-Committees
      1. Community (Product) Committee - Ofer
      2. Architecture Committee - Manoop
        1. User Interface and User Experience
      3. Security Committee - Bryan
  7. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TSC For Additional Items 
    1. Best Practices Badge Requirement for Graduation Projects, need TSC to assign owner to complete the process: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en - Ibrahim, LF 

    2. Training PTL Replacement - Jack
    3. Docs PTL Replacement - Jack
    4. TSC Elections - Jacqueline, LF / Jessica, Huawei (Election Coordinator) - Process documented on Community Governance wiki page for Election Coordinator - Need TSC to determine Transition Point next steps for TSC Voting Member Elections all other leadership role election planning can begin.
    5. Upcoming LF DL Umbrella Project Updates - Jacqueline, LF - Wiki migration (Acumos under LF DL) project in review. 
  8. Planning for Next Meeting
  9. Open Discussion
  10. Any Other Business (AOB)
  11. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)

Minutes:

  • TSC Volunteer for Minutes
    • Today's meeting: Jacqueline Serafin
    • TSC Voting Members Attendance
CompanyContact NameAttendanceAlternate ContactAttendance
AmdocsOfer HermonixDaniel Sela
AT&TJack MurrayxAnwar Aftab
*BaiduXin Pan


EricssonNimish Radiax

HuaweiJessica Kimx

NokiaPantelis Monogioudisx

Tech MahindraNat SubramanianxSarang Deotale
*TencentXiaolong Zhu


ZTEBingtao HanxWei Meng


*Excluded from roll call and quorum due to missing 11 consecutive meetings.  

  • The minutes of the prior meeting were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections. On motion made by Ofer and seconded by Nat, the minutes of the February 11, 2019 meeting were the approved by the TSC members. 
    • VOTE: Vote taken, item passed.
  • Marketing/Growth 
    • Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project 
      • ONS - TSC/Dev meeting 
        • ONS Booth Sponsorship - Open source development project team and product house teams, interested in continuing discussion. Jessica would like Outreach Committee to share more information on the marketing plan to get a better understanding of how they can utilize the funds in their marketing budget. Proposed a meeting for Tuesday at 10am, which needs to be confirmed by OC.
          • ACTION: Jacqueline will reach out to Sarah and OC to help confirm the meeting time with OC.  
          • ACTION: Jessica will determine what additional hosting/sponsoring Huawei can accommodate after discussing further with OC.
        • F2F Meeting - April 1 and April 2, Jessica booked those meeting rooms for the Acumos TSC F2F meeting, those rooms hold up to 18-20 attendees. Would need to move the normal TSC meeting that week, which would be California time. Huawei will need an attendee name list to share with security team for access. 
          • Jessica arriving over the weekend. Nimish is local. Ofer will attend but not by Monday. Nat is not confirmed for travel yet but if so, would arrive Sunday. Pantelis is not traveling but there will be other members are attending. Philippe won’t be attending but others from team will. A zoom link can be provided for remote attendees. 
            • April 3, 4, or 5 is an option as well but Jessica needs to reserve the room as soon as possible. 
            • Dinner gathering is proposed by Huawei as well after the meeting. 
          • ACTION: Jessica to continue the planning for hosting/sponsoring the F2F meeting and dinner. 
  • Release Manager/Release Planning
    • Boreas Release - Nat
      • 57 committed epics with 33 ranked high. Reviewed detailed overview of current status across Boreas and Clio.
        • Motion by Nat to approve and accept the updated release date (extend by one dev sprint) for the Boreas release to avoid conflicts and delays during the November holiday month, seconded by Ofer. 
          • VOTE: Approved.
          • ACTION: Nat will update the timeline. 
    • Clio Release - Nat
      • Nat will update accordingly.
    • Report out from PTL
      • Mukesh - Some stories have become complex so not all may be executed. 
      • Bryan - Major features should be approved before the start of a release. 
    • Test & Integration Planning - Ken
      • There are some user stories that are completed and tested which Ken will share stats on. Very stable releases have been produced. Will produce report out for next meeting.
    • Report Out of Sub-Committtees
  • New Agenda Items 
    • Best Practices Badge Requirement for Graduation Projects, need TSC to assign owner to complete the process: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en - Ibrahim, LF 
      • Covered under security section above. 
    • Training PTL Replacement - Jack
      • Mukesh standing in right now. No volunteers yet for a permanent replacement. 
    • Docs PTL Replacement - Jack
      • No volunteers yet for permanent replacement. 
    • TSC Elections - Jacqueline, LF / Jessica, Huawei (Election Coordinator) - Process documented on Community Governance wiki page for Election Coordinator - Need TSC to determine Transition Point next steps for TSC Voting Member Elections all other leadership role election planning can begin.
      • ACTION: Jacqueline to add as early agenda item next week to discuss next steps for TSC Voting Member elections. 

      • ACTION: Jessica to review the Community Governance wiki page to kick off election processes after next week.
    • Upcoming LF DL Umbrella Project Updates - Jacqueline 



Join acumosai-tsc@lists.lfai.foundation to automatically receive all group messages.